Mission & Vision
CSIR-IITR , a leader in toxicology research, endeavours to mitigate problems of human health and environment. The institute aims to accomplish its goals through the following objectives:
- Safety evaluation of chemicals used in industry, agriculture and everyday life.
- Mode of action of toxic chemicals/pollutants.
- Remedial/preventive measures to safeguard health and environment from pollutants.
- Occupational health hazards due to exposure in chemicals industries, mines, agricultural fields and environment.
- Simple/rapid diagnostic tests for disorders caused by industrial and environmental chemicals
- Collect, store and disseminate information on toxic chemicals.
- Human resource development for dealing with industrial and environmental problems.
- Provide a platform to public and entrepreneurs to address queries and concerns regarding safety/toxicity of chemicals, additives and products.